Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pizza and wings that are good for you?!?


I will admit I love my pizza and wings, but they don't love me to much. So I am forced to experiment a bit with the flavors of pizza and wings. I will admit this idea was completely inspired by Rachel Ray. She did a Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joe that just looked to die for. I thought "man stick that on a pizza and were good". Well I tweaked her recipe a bit and here it is.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1/2 pound ground chicken
1/4 to 1/3 hot sauce (depending how spicy you like)
1 large carrot
1 small onion
1 stalk of celery
1 1/2 cups 2% mozzarella cheese
1/4 to 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumble (depending on your taste)
1 pre-made whole wheat pizza crust (or your favorite pizza crust)
1 Tbls Olive Oil

In skillet heat olive oil, brown chicken. While chicken is browning with a box shredder grate celery onion and carrot. Add to frying pan, cook till veggies are tender and chicken a done thoroughly. Add hot sauce (if you added a 1/3 cup and still need more spice add a little cayenne pepper, too much heat is never a bad thing)

Layer chicken on top of pizza shell, add mozzarella cheese then blue cheese. Bake 450degrees 10-12 minutes, till crust is done. Serve with a great big green salad. (Here is a little trick to eating salad everyday... go to a restaurant that has your favorite dressing, the one you have to order every time you are there. Ask if you can buy it by the pint. Don't have a favorite restaurant. May I suggest (for you Southerners) Jim N Nick, there Honey Mustard is to die for sweet ans savory with a little kick. If only they would let me in their kitchen) Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there a recipe you want to see? Leave a Comment or Ask a Question!